Contact us on 0151 632 1657 or

Management Group Meeting minutes 12.10.22

Management Group Meeting minutes 12.10.22
November 7, 2022 admin

Call to order

A meeting of the Management Group of Hoylake Vision Community Planning Forum was held at Bank Café on 12.10.22.


Attendees: Nigel Blacow (NB), Mark Howard (MHo), Maureen Hanson (MHa), Jon Morgan (JM), Jon Caswell (Jon C)

Members not in attendance

Jade Wright (JW), Bryony Parsons (BP), Tom Hutchinson (TH), Alex Woods (AW)

Approval of minutes

The minutes of the September meeting were approved.

Management Group Meeting Reports

  • Welcome
    It was decided to further postpone the conversation about young people’s engagement until more management group members and hopefully Jess Trigg can be present. Action: MHa to follow up
  • Open Day 29 October (MHo)
    MHo proposed postponing this Open Day until Spring 2023. While PLACED have prepared some preliminary work it was agreed that we need more time to consider how to make best use of the limited time available. Additionally there was still some lack of clarity over when the funding would be recieved. MHo would contact PLACED and St Lukes. Action: MHo
  • Member Update newsletter
    MHo would produce and circulate a draft newsletter to the Management Group for distribution this month. Contents would be: response to APP/22/01127 (To demolish existing building and structures and erect 15no. dwellings, comprising 12no. houses and 3no. apartments with access, landscaping and ancillary works at 8 Melrose Avenue, Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 3BU); Our response to Torus Homes’ planning application for a variation (Beacon Scheme); Workshop event postopnement; Masterplan and Design Guide and Codes consultation reminder. Action: MHo
  • Carr Lane Recreational Site as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) and related sites and covenants
    MHo had ordered Tite Plan and Register of Title Land Registry documents for this site MS579000; there has been mention over time of a ‘covenant’ on the site and clarity was needed. Hoylake Vision had listed the site as an ACV in 2019, and it is understood to be owned by Wirral Council, but there was some confusion regarding the relationship between this and adjacent sites, notably the site MS581720 between the Recreational Ground and the back of Edward Road to New Hall Lane, which is also owned by WMBC, and the adjacent site MS28712, which was sold by WMBC in 1989. Since this site is an ACV it is important to fully understand the situation. MHa would look into the wording of the Conveyance Official Copy for MS28712 which is referenced on the MS579000 Title Plan to better understand the situation. Tom H would also be asked to look at this.
  • Locality Funding Update
    MHo reported that the Locality funding (£4,400) for the next stages of consultation and engagement had been sent to the old bank account  by WMBC. MHo had been in contact with John Entwhistle at WMBC and had been assured on 11.10.22 by the Senior Payments Officer that the funds had been re-sent and should arrive in the Metro account by the end of the week. Action: JM and NB to confirm when the funds are showing in the account.
  • Ideas for management group additions
    In the absence of AW this item had been postponed until the next meeting. Action: AW and MHo
  • AOB

Date of next meeting Weds 9 November 2022