Contact us on 0151 632 1657 or info@hoylakevision.org.uk

Management Group and public meeting minutes 09.07.19

Management Group and public meeting minutes 09.07.19
August 15, 2019 admin

Call to order

A meeting of the Management Group of Hoylake Vision Community Planning Forum was held at The Ship Pubic House, Hoylake on 09.07.19, followed by an open public meeting.


Attendees

Attendees: Mark Howard (MH)(Chair), Nigel Blacow (NB), Jon Morgan (JM), Alex Woods (AW); Michael Coates (MC); Julian Priest (JP)

Members not in attendance

All members were in attendance


Approval of minutes

Minutes of the previous meeting were approved


Management Group Meeting Reports

  1. Final confirmation of key consultation areas for PLACED brief and budget to be applied for.
    It was decided to apply for funding to cover as many areas as possible, with a primary focus on Town Square, Carr Lane and the Beach, which would include on the ground consultation sessions on each of the three areas as well as public meetings.
  2. Update on electric charging points and supporting the council’s funding application
    NB reported that he had a response from Colin Irlam at WMBC to the consultation at the end of 2018. There were approx. 530 respondents. 25 residents were eligible to be included in an On-street Residential Chargepoint Scheme (ORCS) pilot bid. WMBC are undertaking an audit of the locations to assess suitability for EV chargepoints utilising street lighting columns before submitting the bid to OLEV towards the end of July. NB and JP to monitor progress with Colin Irlam.
  3. Update on golf resort
    The withdrawal of the council’s £26 million prudential lending scheme to Nicklaus Joint Venture Group (NJVG) had been noted. It was understood that NJVG would be pursuing alternative funding sources. It was reported that HVL would keep a channel of communication open with NJVG following an earlier meeting in June. Since NJVG have an exclusivity deal with WMBC for delivery of the project HVL would continue to lobby NJVG and WMBC for the alternative Wildfowl and Wetland Centre proposals to be incorporated in any future scheme that comes forward, in line with the recommendations in the HVL document.
  4. PHD research placement feedback from Liverpool Uni for Beach and Promenade study work AW had not received a response to date following her enquiry with the University for a progress update, and would pursue in due course.
  5. Hoylake beach update MH to arrange a meeting with Alan Jemmett of MEAS to discuss how Hoylake Vision might be able to support the development of a public forum to explore the issues in a more fact-based way, but also to explore the potential for extending the NDP boundary to include some of the beach to help facilitate some limited, appropriately scaled development such as a café and/or visitor centre. MH reported that HVL were to soon publish their ‘Sustainable Vision for Hoylake Beach’ conversation starter document as part of an awareness raising campaign.
  6. Update on Co-op relocation / Blue Anchor development
    JM reported that the only information on this was anecdotal, including that the Co-op are the intended occupants, but that delays may be a result of problems identified during surveying issues. The reports that the existing unit might be used as a distribution centre was questioned by JP and MH on the basis of a range of planning, safety, access, amenity and other logistical reasons. JM to monitor and report back.
  7. Update on Assets of Community Value mapping exercise
    NB presented a ‘work in progress’ list of Assets of Community value to be presented for public consultation and subsequent submission to WMBC. This would be more refined by the next meeting, when a definitive list would be agreed.
  8. Active targeting for recruiting more female management group members
    MH reported that this continues to be a pressing issue. He will be  proactive in the coming months in pursuing this.

AOB

  • There was no AOB

Record of public meeting

  • The Management Group concluded their meeting at 8pm and welcomed a number of members of the public to an open conversations about their concerns, suggestions and ideas. MH gave an abbreviated summary of the meeting just held. A record of this conversation will be published in due course.

Announcements

None.

Date of next meeting 13 August 2019